28 11 2009

Today me and The Girl got a ton of stuff done! First we did laundry. We do it at the mat so it gets done all at once. As much as I dislike having to lug it to the car and drive it over, I love getting it washed, dried, and folded in just over an hour.

From there, I drove it home and put it away while she went to the market. I loth the market. The people are rude. As a side note, most of the people I encountered during my black Friday adventures were very kind and well-behaved.  While waiting in the checkout line that zig-zagged through the entire store, the woman who was in front of the woman in front of me noticed that she (the woman in front of me) was holding a ton of stuff and offered to share her (the woman in front of the woman in front of me) cart. I commented to her (the woman in front of the woman in front of me) how awesome that was and it was a good display of the Christmas spirit. Anyway, The Girl went to the market and reported that there were no rude people.

While she was shopping, I organized the pantry to make room for the food she was buying. Do you need honey dijon mustered? We have plenty. If you need some, let me know and I’ll hook you up. I also pulled everything out of the livingroom closet. I decided to build a shelf. More on that later.

After we got the food put away, we went to the Old Navy to return our clothes that didn’t fit. Boy did I make out on that deal because I returned one pair but came home with two. She returned four and came home with two. She bought something else but I forget what it was. Then it was off to Homo Queero for the stuff I needed for the shelf.

Once home, I got right to work on the shelf. The measurements on the label on the shelf were off by a full inch which required me to get creative. It’s not pretty but it works and it is hidden in the closet so who cares? I am not hidden in the closet, nor is The Girl. So while I am busy building the shelf, The Girl was purging through some of her work stuff. The guest room/office still had bins full of stuff in them and there was a pile of books and stuff  growing in the living room. At one point, the house was a disaster but then all of a sudden it was done! What I didn’t know was that The Girl was fixing up the guest room/office at the same time as she was dealing with the stuff in the livingroom.  She asked me to go in there and I was floored! It looks awesome and we can actually have guests so if you wanna come over and spend the night, you can. We are both very pleased with how great the house looks and we now have room for a Christmas tree.

After that, I went next door to help the Roommate get the Christmas decorations out of the attic, then I cooked dinner. The Girl did the dishes even though she ate leftover cheesless pizza and I made a ton of dishes with my turkey dinner. I didn’t get sent home with leftovers this year so I made myself a breast of turkey with mashed potatoes, corn, and gravey. I really digged being able to chill and not worry about dishes. My girl rocks.

Now it’s time to veg. What did you do today?



5 responses

28 11 2009

I ate and I napped. Then I did it all over again.

Ok, I also processed some pictures, bought cat food, went to the green market and actually got my ass in the shower which I did not think was going to happen. Before I hit the sack hopefully I’ll empty the dishwasher and fill it up again to call a close to the Thanksgiving dinner clean up. Oh and I had a fight with my mac address book about printing the labels for my holiday cards. Is your address the same as it was last year? Or do you want yours by e-mail?

29 11 2009
Mrs. Chili

I finished my grading yesterday. It doesn’t sound like much, but I’m glad I’m finally through it…

30 11 2009
Laurie B

Wow, you were busy.

We spent most of the weekend out in Western NY with BEW family. Love them all, but had extra special time with nephew and his family. What a treat to have so much time with them all before the neice (with banshees for children) showed up.

On the drive home we listened to the Bills game on the radio and then played some Christmas music after the football faded away. Took some nice back roads through our part of the world and avoided any serious traffic.

It was all good.

1 12 2009

I stood in line at the DMV 20 mins outside in the freezing cold before it opened, 2 mins in the registration line ! That was it. A very lazy day.

2 12 2009

I would take 20 mins outside in the cold over two hours inside with the cranky people any day! Good stuff!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: